It Works Hair, Skin and Nails 90 Day Challenge: Month 1
I decided to do the 90 Day Hair, Skin and Nails, (HSN), Challenge!
It Works is another direct sales company, in which people can sign up as an independent representative, and make a certain commission from selling It Works products. The It Works company started out selling the The Ultimate Body Applicator, which is described as
“The site-specific body contouring treatment has been in the hands of celebrities at Hollywood events and at the doorsteps of people like you all over the world—exclusively available through It Works!Now,” (taken from myitworks.com).
Now, It Works offers several premium dietary supplement products, and other products that benefit health.
I had never heard of It Works before
until I saw someone advertising 90 day challenges on Facebook. I decided to find out more, and later decided to join the challenge. I chose the hair, skin, and nails challenge, since I have noticed some slight changes in my hair and skin, since turning 40. HSN is a dietary supplement that claims to achieve stronger nails, softer and smoother skin, and shinier hair. The box says:
- Boosts your natural collagen and keratin production
- Supports the body’s defenses against free radical damage
- Moisturizes while enhancing skin’s elasticity and flexibility
- Promotes healthy cell growth, strength, and shine
The supplement includes natural ingredients like, vitamins C, E, B6, biotin, panothenic acid, zinc, and manganese, among others.
After agreeing to take on this challenge, I learned that, in order to participate I would have to sign up, on the website, as a loyal customer.
I originally thought that I’d buy the product directly from the distributer that I met on Facebook, but this wasn’t the case. She sent me a link to her It Works site and I had to register and sign up to be an It Works Loyal Customer. A loyal customer receives certain benefits, including, but not limited to, purchasing items at cost. The catch is, in order to be a loyal customer, I had to agree to purchase product, via automatic direct delivery, once a month, for 3 months…hence 90 days. After the 3 months, I am able to cancel the automatic shipment, and still be able to receive the benefits of a loyal customer, or I can choose to cancel my account with no penalty. At first, I was almost turned off by this, but I decided that I really wanted to take the challenge and that it was worth it.
Without further adieu, here is what I thought after the first month.
- First off, I have a phobia of big pills, and these are pretty big, but I still wanted to try them to see if they would help me. I am also highly sensitive to vitamin supplements, they usually bother my tummy. The first week went really well. I was able to swallow the pills, without incident, twice a day with a meal. It had no adverse effects on my tummy, so that made me happy.
- The second week, the pills did begin to give me an upset stomach, even when I took them with food, so I decided to take them at night, right before bedtime. And the more I take them, the harder it has been for me to swallow them, without freaking out and having my throat close up on me!!
- The third and fourth weeks were much of the same.
BUT…I have noticed some positive effects on my health. I do have more energy, I think due to the vitamins, and I do notice that my hair looks thick and super shiny! My skin also, appears more glowy. I also notice that my eyelashes are actually growing! My fingernails…not so much. My nails have always been super fragile and they’ve still been chipping and splitting, even after a month on the HSN supplements. But my toenails seem to be much thicker and stronger…go figure!
So, all in all, I’m happy with the results, so far.
I’m hoping it’ll be easier for me to take the pills, if I continue to take them. And I hope, after the second and third months, I will continue to see positive results, especially in my fingernails!
If you’re interested in trying the HSN Challenge for yourself, log onto MistieMasters.sharewraps.com (another benefit of being a loyal customer is that I get my own url to share, and if 5 people purchase via my link, I get a free tummy wrap!).