I Just Signed Up To Sell Avon, Now What?
Whether you just recently started your Avon business, or whether you’ve been selling for awhile but have never taken your business to the next level; an action plan must be put into place to ensure success.
Here are some tips on what your next steps as an Avon Representative should be:
- Register at youravon.com – the minute you sign up to sell Avon, the very first thing you’ll want to do is register to youravon.com and set up your Avon account. Avon has put a system into place to help new reps get started. It’ll walk you through each step, including setting up your personal settings, how to enter your customers’ information into the system, how to set up your automated email system, and most importantly, how to set up your free website. (More on that later).
- Make your first appointment with your Avon upline – if you have an Avon upline, the best way to ensure a successful business is to meet with her/him to receive training. With Avon, your in business for yourself, but not by yourself! Your Avon upline is there to give you support and to help you succeed. They have lots of helpful information, training, and selling tips that they would love to share with you! Use them as much as you can.
- Read through the training materials in your kit – with your $15 start up fee, you’ll receive a starter kit to aide you in your business. The kit includes samples, full-size products, a training CD, and some training manuals. Avon has spent a lot of time and money into their training materials! They are beautifully put together and are chalk full of valuable information. Your upline with Avon will go over these materials with you at the time of your first training, but it’s a great idea to read through them again, on your own.
- Put together your “Who Do You Know” list – this is an extremely important part of getting started. This step is crucial for success. This list is actually the heart of your business, because these will be your potential customers and business partners! You’ll want to write down at least 50 names, to get started, but this list is sure to grow! Go through your contacts list on your phone, think of your friends on social media, think about who you see on a daily basis; cashiers, co-workers, your kid’s teachers or day care workers, friends from church, bank teller, pretty much everyone you know! As you’re writing these names down, think about which of these people would love to see an Avon brochure and which would love to earn some extra money, or start their own business. Then contact each one to let them know you just started your own business and if they’d be willing to help you get started!
- Pass out brochures – you’ll also receive 20 current brochures in your starter kit. You’ll want to place your contact information on each one, before passing them out. Pass them out to everyone you know. The brochures are your “store”. This is how you’ll earn money selling Avon. Be sure to keep a record of who you give brochures to, so that you can follow up with them. Following up is also an important step. People get busy, they may have a list of products they wish to order, but haven’t had a chance to contact you, or maybe they forgot. Following up with them ensures you get that sale. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve had customers thank me for reminding them to order! You can request that your customers give the brochures back to you when they’re finished with them, so you can use them for someone else. Or you can ask them to share the brochure with their family and friends.
- Set up your personal website – Avon provides you with a free website for you to sell Avon online 24 hours a day 7 days a week. You can sell Avon and make money, even while you sleep! You’ll go to youravon.com to your Web Office and follow the instructions on how to set up your eStore. Once you enter your preferences, you’ll be able to design your website to personalize it. Avon provides all of the tools for you! Once you’re all set up, write down your website address, or URL, and share with everyone you know. You can include this your URL on your brochures and you can share your it on all of your social media sites! You’ll be able to sell Avon to anyone in the country and you’ll get the commissions for it!
- Visit Avon University – Avon also provides you with state of the art training on youravon.com, called Avon University. You can find trainings on product information , selling, starting your own team, and a lot of other material. You’ll also be able to sign up for webinars or listen to previously recorded webinars, which is an amazing resource for your business, as you’ll get to learn from the top sellers of Avon, as well as Avon training leaders and District Sales Managers! The cool thing is, this is all training you can do at your own pace, at a time that is convenient for you!
- Have Fun! – most importantly, have fun with selling Avon! When you love what you do, it doesn’t seem like work! With Avon, you can make extra money playing with makeup, fashion, home goods and personal care products. You get to be a professional model for your business and an expert in your field! You have the opportunity to make money by meeting new people and making lifelong friends! You can also earn recognition, awards, prizes, free product and even trips!
I’m so excited that you’ve decided to start your own beautiful business with Avon! As you can see Avon is an amazing company to represent. You really can make money selling Avon. You can take your hobby, and truly build your own home-based business, be your own boss, and make your own hours.
I hope this has helped you figure out how to get started in your Avon business. Let me know Which tip helped the most by leaving a comment!
"THIS IS THE COMPANY that puts mascara on lashes and food on the tables. That fights wrinkles with one hand and Breast Cancer with the other. That knows the value of a perfect lip, but still opens its mouth and speaks out against Domestic Violence and for women's financial independence. This is the company that not only brings beauty to doors, but also opens them. The company that supports more than 6 million Representatives in over 100 countries. This is Avon. The company that for more than 125 years has stood for beauty, innovation, optimism and above all for women."
*some images belong to Avon Products, Inc.